Nancy took the girls swimming, while we did a little shopping. I went out to the pool after shopping and must say that Genuine is making progress. She actually moves forward a little. :) She's still mermaid-kicking every now and then, but is actually kicking her feet like she should. It will be interesting to see how much she progresses tomorrow.
We ate at the Vietnamese restaurant again and then I hit the Krispy Kreme. Odd hours for a donut store but, hey, I'll take 'em when I can get 'em. Steph and Genuine headed back to the hotel, as they were tired, while I took Ricky to play some video games. It's still pretty funny seeing the stares as we walk through the mall, but now many of them are directed at Ricky's cast. He had said that they don't use casts in here and he seems to be correct, as I've yet to see one on any of the million+ people that I've seen. I wonder how they set broken bones? A couple of the hotel employees (Joel the pool guy, and the doorman) have taken to Ricky and talk to him all the time. It's pretty neat to see the connections being made. Joel let the kids use his goggles so they could see underwater and they used them all day. Hopefully Nancy was able to find some at the mall this evening.
Speaking of Nancy, she's from Montana and has a couple of sons that love to hunt. They just got a couple of elk during bow season. I hope that we can make a trip up there to see Jessica (and enjoy Montana, of course) at some point in the future. It's been really great getting to know such a wonderful Christian lady who has such a love for orphans. 6 of her 7 kids are adopted. She's also shared that she has 13 grandkids, so I'm quite amazed at her ability to take in another.
I spoke of the diversity of Filipino food, but the people are every bit as diverse. You see quite a blend of the various Asian cultures, native Filipino, and Spanish here, so there is a wide variety of facial shapes and features. There is not much variability in body size (most are short in stature and very few overweight)and you are out of luck if you like brunettes, blondes or redheads, as all Filipinos have black hair. All of them! Of course at the hotel there's quite a blend of nationalities (European, Korean, Middle Eastern, American), so this area really gives one the sense of what Heaven must be like. A great reminder that we're all created in His image.
Getting tired so I'm going to sign off. Thanks again for the prayers.
Tanner
No comments:
Post a Comment