Good Morning/Good Evening,
We slept!!!!!! Well, Genuine and I slept but Ricky and Tanner had trouble sharing a bed, lol! Rick’s cast, again, creates issues as no one wants to get knocked in the head. Genuine has never slept in a room by herself. She curled up next to me and when I woke this morning her arm was wrapped around me. Like Ricky, it will be a slow transition to staying alone in a room. Madison is ready to help in this area, just one of the many ways she will be a good big sister!
Breakfast was fun as we joined Nancy and Jessica. The girls conversed with giggles and love taking pictures with the camera. I asked Ricky if they were talking about him and he nodded with frustration in not knowing exactly what they were saying. We have already had the talk that Genuine is his sister and he should like and love her in that way. Of course he said he knew that! I did tell him he could like Jessica and he gave me that “MOM” look! Nutritional habits will be a challenge as Genuine chose rice and pork only eating the rice. She also chose chocolate milk and coffee. She said she does not like fruit. Ricky had me eating poncit, sushi, fish hotdogs, and a sausage of sort, yes this is breakfast! I love the fresh fruit, especially the mango here and added a few small pancakes and bacon to my plate. We are now headed to the pool for some fun in the sun!
Side note: We can’t go to ICAB until Thursday instead of Wednesday. This is why they make you stay as long as they do. Genuine’s paper work is still not complete so pray that all will be made ready on time!
Sending love to you all,
Steph
Steph, I was touched by your description of waking up and finding Genuine cuddled close. The photo of the two of you in the lounge touched me similarly...she seems so ready to love and be part of y'all for real and forever. I'm amazed at God's providence!
ReplyDeletePraying for you all...and never doubting that the outcome will be "swim" all the way!