Friday, September 24, 2010

Homeward Bound

5:30a.m. Manila time.

what is it about airports that make you cry? I have always enjoyed "people watching" and at airports there are usually two responses observed; happy reunions or sad reunions. Since I'm part of the "Crying Club," both make me tear up. It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride to say the least! Lots of trouble this morning with airport security due to Ricky's cast. They don't have the technology to xray it or check it for explosives and they wanted it off. Since it doesn't come off, his passport and luggage were tagged red, like his cast to indicate heightened security. We were temporarily detained and then allowed to move on. I knew they were watching us closely as I was watching Genuine closely. She was very quiet, observing her surroundings and just taking everything in...sensory overload. Hungry at 6:00a.m. (we had been up since 3:00a.m.), she and Ricky chose Chinese for breakfast. This allowed us to spend our last pesos before converting back to American currency. We boarded within the hour leaving a homeland behind, yet finding the courage to soar to new opportunities and a forever family.

Flying high,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment