Wednesday, September 22, 2010

OMG

We spent a great morning at the pool. Both girls improved, slightly, and had fun pushing some younger children in their inflatable boats. Genuine loves younger children, but is not very gentle. I really needed to know the tagalog word for “gentle or easy”. She just kept looking at me with her big eyes showing confusion. Anyhow, they didn’t drown anyone and no one cried so we were okay. They were introduced to goggles by Joel, the pool man. They were able to search for pesos at the bottom of the pool without it hurting their eyes. She and Jessica are dear friends, but Jessica is more athletic. She can swim better and hold her breath longer. Jessica could also retrieve the pesos from the bottom of the pool very quickly. I could see that this bothered Genuine and Ricky noticed, too. So Ricky would quickly swim deep for the peso and hold it out to Genuine under the water, so sweet. I know it’s early, but I think it is safe to say, that Genuine is more like me when it comes to athleticism. Ricky said she could be a cheerleader. I think Genuine’s favorite saying is “Oh my God” and she says it constantly. She also doesn’t mind burping. I think the constant near drowning thus consumption of pool water had both girls producing some loud burps. I spent a lot of time trying to explain that we pray to God and can say “Oh my gosh” as well as reminding them to say excuse me. Tanner and I laughed and agreed we have a little work cut out for us! She is already concerned about her shape and described herself as having a big tummy. She didn’t want a snack because of it, but wanted chocolate milk, lol. Another universal observation, everyone wants to please and be accepted. We are all so quick to notice our shortcomings and fail to recognize our strengths. It will be fun helping Genuine see her strengths and build on them! This morning I was reminded about faith, hope, and love and the greatest of these is love! Right now, we are just having fun loving on her! I sure am missing loving on my two oldest and can’t wait to see them. Thanks to all of you who are loving on them for us!!

Side note: My hip, leg and neck are doing great….answered prayer! Maddie, I asked Genuine who cut her hair. She thought I wanted to cut her hair and her response was, “Au’te Maddie hair” and she pointed to her lower back ,with conviction, and finished by saying, “Me, too!” She wants long hair like you!

Turning up the music, Steph

1 comment:

  1. I find myself checking this blog like a freak or something. It's like I won the lottery when I see that a new post has been posted...hungry for more news on how things are going. Steph, if Genuine throws a ball while kicking one of her feet back I'm going to freak out. lol. Sweet girl! I picked Oddie up last night to love on him and he peed on my shirt!!!!! I was a little grossed out but we laughed. Maddie thrilled me with imitating the "Oddie growl". She does it so well. Your experience was the talk of football practice last night. So many mothers wanted to know all about the details of your trip so far and some knew every detail due to staying up to date through the blog. All is well here. Your kids are getting through the week like Rock Stars. Anxious for Friday. Give Ricky and Genuine a hug from me. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete